Keep an eye out for our openings!
Stories to Action is a volunteer initiative, working with a team of young people based across the globe.
You can find the most recent openings below!
Are you passionate about SRHR, and do you want to leverage Stories To Action’s platform and outreach to push forward young people’s rights during COVID-19? We are looking for a Technical Lead / Web Developer to join our international team!
Role Description: Technical Lead / Web Developer
Start Date: February 2021
Stories to Action was founded in response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) of young people all over the world. Stories to Action provide a safe and supportive platform to amplify youth’s voices and catalyze action ensuring that their sexual & reproductive health & rights are guaranteed even in the light of public health emergencies like COVID-19. Our team quite literally spans the globe, with members being based in China, the Netherlands, Norway, the US, Brazil, India, Sweden, the United Kingdom, and Kenya.
We are driven by a mission to amplify youth voices. We do this by collecting and sharing stories from young people about how COVID-19 has impacted their access to SRHR-related services and information, collecting data from young people on this impact, sharing resources and advocating for young people’s rights. You can find out more information about us: https://storiestoaction.co/about/.
Detailed Role Description:
- The Technical Lead / Web Developer will be responsible for keeping the Stories To Action website up-to-date, secure, and fully functioning, and supporting with translating outputs.
- By joining our team of volunteers, you will be part of an effort to take meaningful action in response to COVID-19 and its impact on SRHR. We value diversity, and you will be working in a multicultural team.
- We offer room for personal growth so if you have a strong spirit of entrepreneurship and want to be a changemaker, Stories To Action definitely is the right place for you. You will have the opportunity to know and work with young people, organizations, and institutions from all over the world and to reach out to different resources and networks.
- Improving the website structure, functionality, responsiveness and interactivity based on conversations with Engagement Manager
- Mapping out potential website users/surfers and categorizing them and sharing this with Digital Marketing Advisor and Engagement Manager
- Investigating automatic translation options for the website
- Explore ways to link newsletters to website content and advise the Engagement Manager.
- Solid background using WordPress and managing and upgrading a website
- Other IT skills are desirable
- Native/ High-proficiency English, other languages highly desirable
- Interest in SRHR
- Proactive and a team player
- Strong networking skills
- Can work independently
- Able to supervise volunteers
- Experience using Canva, Asana, Hubspot, Google Suites, and Slack
The application deadline is the 30th of January 23:59 CEST. Please, send us your CV with a motivation letter answering: 1. Why are you interested in joining Stories to Action? (max. 250 words); 2. What is your superpower / special skill that makes you the ideal candidate for this position? (max. 100 words) and 3. Kindly indicate your weekly/monthly time commitment/availability in this job (max 100 words).
Send all application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.We’re looking forward to hearing from you!