Keep an eye out for our openings!
Stories to Action is a volunteer initiative, working with a team of young people based across the globe.
You can find the most recent openings below!
Are you passionate about SRHR, and do you want to leverage Stories To Action’s platform and outreach to push forward young people’s rights during COVID-19? We are looking for a Website and Translation Manager to join our international team!
Role Description: Website and Translation Manager
Start Date: August 2020
Stories to Action was founded in response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) of young people all over the world. Stories to Action provide a safe and supportive platform to amplify youth’s voices and catalyze action ensuring that their sexual & reproductive health & rights are guaranteed even in the light of public health emergencies like COVID-19. Our team quite literally spans the globe, with members being based in China, the Netherlands, Norway, the US, and Rwanda.
We are driven by a mission to amplify youth voices. We do this by collecting and sharing stories from young people about how COVID-19 has impacted their access to SRHR-related services and information, collecting data from young people on this impact, sharing resources and advocating for young people’s rights. You can find out more information about us: https://storiestoaction.co/about/
Detailed Role Description:
The Website and Translation Manager will be responsible for keeping the Stories To Action website and newsletter up-to-date and supporting with translating outputs.
By joining our team, you will be part of an effort to take meaningful action in response to COVID-19 and its impact on SRHR. We value diversity, and you will be working in a multicultural team.
We offer room for personal growth so if you have a strong spirit of entrepreneurship and want to be a changemaker, Stories To Action definitely is the right place for you. You will have the opportunity to know and work with young people, organizations, and institutions from all over the world and to reach out to different resources and networks.
- Improving the website structure and functionality
- Mapping out potential website users/surfers and categorizing them
- Interacting with web surfers at comment area regularly
- Collecting, summarizing and publishing accessible and authentic external resources on the website on a monthly basis
- Supporting with translation work (including translation review)
- Develop monthly newsletter
- Solid background using WordPress and managing a website
- Other IT skills are desirable
- Native/ High-proficiency English, other languages highly desirable
- Interest in SRHR
- Proactive and a team player
- Strong networking skills
- Can work independently
- Able to supervise volunteers
- Experience using Canva, Asana, Hubspot, Google Suites, and Slack
Application deadline is the 4th of September 23:59 CEST. Please, send us your CV with a motivation letter answering: 1. Why are you interested in joining Stories to Action? (max. 250 words) and 2. What is your superpower / special skill is that makes you the ideal candidate for this position? (max. 100 words).
Send all application materials to email@example.com.We’re looking forward to hearing from you!